ChocoMuseo

09:40 NovataSL 0 Comments


Do you like chocolate? I LOVE IT! That's why after reading an article on "El Comercio" (peruvian newspaper)  I told myself: Hey, Why don´t you write about this fabulous place that you saw last week and didn't bother on enter? (I know, now I wanna kill myself xD ahahahah)

So let's read a bit about CHOCOMUSEO :

"Everybody knows about Belgian, Swiss or French chocolate but have you ever heard about Peruvian, Guatemalan, Dominican or Nicaraguan chocolate?

Sometimes Peru or Dominican Republic might be mentioned on the chocolate wrap but it is often to describe the cacao producing country rather than the chocolate making country.

At ChocoMuseo we decided to make chocolate in countries where cacao grows: We source the best quality cacao beans and then process them artisanally to obtain delicious chocolate.

When you visit us you will be able to see the chocolate making process from the cacao bean to the chocolate bar. If you have time, you should participate in one of our chocolate making workshop and experience the feeling of a chocolate maker."



 That's from the author website, also let me mention that this great idea belong to a French couple (Alain Schneider & Clara Isabel Días, both Engineers) who fall in love with the idea of creating a Museo of Chocolate in which they could share qith people the experience of making your own chocolate and even better using national cacao. 
They both quite their jobs, started with this crazy idea and now they have 4 ChocoMuseum (Perú, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Dominic Republic).



They were also in Mistura (Peruvian biggest gastronomic festival), they offer different workshops in ChocoMuseo, you can learn to prepare ice cream, chocolate and also there's a free interactive museum about cacao and chocolate.



(Images from ChocoMuseo in Cuzco. Credit to: El Comercio)

I think as part of your tour in Lima or if you're in Cuzco, this is a place to add in your list! It's really embarrassing to say I haven't been there yet in my 3 years in Perú. 
I'm  hopefully going there in my next tour around the great city of Lima ...as I said once, there is always a new place to discover in Lima...just imagine in all Perú.

Opening hours 

Sunday to Thursday:
11:00AM to 8:30PM
Friday and Saturday:
 11:00AM to 9:30PM

Workshops in Lima:
11:30AM, 2:30PM, 5:30PM
in ChocoMuseo Miraflores

1:30PM, 4:30PM, 7:30PM
in ChocoMuseo Barranco


Contact

Lima@ChocoMuseo.com
tel:  (+51) 01 445 97 08
cel: (+51) 983 361 342

0 comentarios: